Wednesday 10 February 2010

Initial Ideas

I have struggled to come up with any ideas I wish to pursue in this final semester. I came up with drama ideas, documentary ideas and experimental ideas. I was even considering making a music video. All of the ideas I had come up with I liked but didn't like enough to pursue them.


I want to create something which I will enjoy making and be happy with the result. I spent last evening looking through vimeo videos for inspiration and came across this video called Isenseven - TIMES.

This video is basically a montage of clips which a group of guys have filmed during their travels. The film doesn't say anything or aim for a deeper meaning but is very entertaining to watch.


I really love the combination of split screen and great cinematography along with really catchy music. The film is enjoyable because it's fun and expresses someones personal journey in an engaging way.

I showed this to my collab partner Tim and he said he most enjoyed the parts where the shots matched, otherwise it felt very jarring. I agree with this point and would look to experiment with matching different angles of a location/person in the same shot.

I also love the colours in some of the sequences as it makes the image as a whole very beautiful to watch.

Some of the transitions are really well done in this piece. Its nice when images seem to blend into other sequences and it is also good when one contrapuntal image appears and leads into another sequence.

0 comments: